Analysis system for quality control of olive oil
CDR OxiTester is a fast, simple and reliable analysis system that can be used to control the quality of vegetable oils in all of the stages of the oil production process, that is directly in the oil mill, in the oil processing plant or at the time of purchase.
In fact, OxiTester can be used to quickly test oil by operators who have no experience in chemical tests, with no need of a dedicated laboratory.
The analytical system includes:
- A spectrophotometric analyzer (touch or junior version) with innovative LEDs emitters and reading and incubation cells thermostated at 37° C.
- A Kit of pre-filled, disposable reagents with a low toxicity developed by the research laboratories of CDR and a 12-month shelf-life.
- Pipettes to simplify the collection of the samples.
- “Step by step” built-in guide during the analysis procedure.
OxiTester is able to test very small oil samples as is and to provide the following information:
- Free Fatty Acids (FFA) 1 minute
- Peroxide Value 4 minutes
- Poliphenols/Oil Stability Index in olive oil 5 minutes
- K270 6 minutes
Extraction system: this innovative, practical and fast system enables to directly obtain a sufficient amount of oil to test its quality from the drupe or hard-shelled dry fruit, by means of a cold pressing process that does not involve the use of solvents.
The leading companies that produce hard-shelled dry fruit or that use it as main ingredient have already chosen this method and left aside traditional testing methods that involve the use of toxic solvents (Soxhlet).